Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Stupid....

To most of you, who have a loving mother, you will never understand how blessed you are. I love the mother I had, but not the woman I have for a mother now. I have been raised by a number of strong women. My mother went through a rough divorce when I was in high school, and a wonderful woman (Linda, who was my best friend's mom) kept both our heads on straight. Linda helped my mother in a great many ways I couldn't. Slowly my mother has become an angry, bitter, controlling woman that I don't like. While we were at home, I had the pleasure of meeting my daughter's boyfriend. Kris asked if I knew what my granddaughter calls him. I didn't. She said he is called "Stupid Stephen". It turns out among the hatred my mother spews, a great many things are called stupid.... I know it makes me angry an adult cannot watch their tongue enough around a toddler that she is now referring to a nice guy as stupid. More than that, my mother makes me sad. I understand her life hasn't been easy, but she was the one who taught me to pick myself up, dust off and continue. Make the best of things. Now, she cannot do that. I pray for her regularly. Maybe one day she will see her stupid comments are just that, stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment