Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tut, tut. It looks like rain.

Apparently I am the only one who knows what movie that line comes from. I feel like a little black rain cloud right now, and would love something sweet (like honey).

Today, I drove into Miami just as Hurricane Sandy hit Cuba. Two things that normally don't go well together are Floridians and rain. Every time I drive into Miami in the rain I am amazed at the wrecks. You add gusty winds to the rain, and throw that at morning traffic, let's just say NOT GOOD.

So here we sit in Miami, watching bands of Sandy pass, praying for safety, and arranging to meet friends to get rid of stuff we don't need, but they do, and it is taking up VERY precious space, what happens? The phone rings. Air China is flying a plane with defective landing gear from LAX to JFK. Who needs landing gear to fly a plane? Noone. You only need it when you land. What could possibly go wrong? They could fall off the runway into the Hudson and Manhattan. Who cares, right? I care, not only because it makes no sense, but because IT MESSES UP MY PLANS!!!!! Now not only can I not get rid of unnecessary stuff, I also cannot get good Louisiana boudin. Uuuuugggghhhhh!!!!!
Plans seem to get messed up quite a bit in life. If things went according to my plan, I don't think I would have had my two oldest children or have went through the rapes, abuse, and adulterous relationships. I wouldn't be where I am. I surely would not have driven into bands of a hurricane in a truck. It is days like these when I am reminded that even in the rainy days I would rather not be in that I am reminded this time will be rewarded by God with His plans for me. In the movie the title came from (I know it, I am still waiting to see if ANYONE else does), Pooh did not plan on becoming a rain cloud, that only happened because things didn't work out his way. I am reminding myself of this, as I challenge anyone reading, don't concentrate on YOUR broken plans, have faith this is all part of HIS plans, and we are all thankful God's ways are not our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment