Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful for my Phone

Last year my sister did a blogpost a day about different things she was thankful for. She calls November her month of thankfulness. I loved the idea, and decided I really wanted to do the same.
I realize it may be silly to start with, but I really am thankful for my phone. Now that cell phones are so common, have you ever tried to find a pay phone? I remember one day we were at home, my phone died, and I had no charger, I went to five different gas stations looking for a working pay phone. It was so difficult I almost gave up. My phone was my life line, and it had been rendered useless.
While my phone is capable of communication via speech, it is also capable of so much more. I text more than talk (it seems so much less intrusive on people's lives), and my phone lets me do this. These two things are all my first cellphone would let me do, but now it is a minicomputer. I listen to music, watch movies, listen to or read books, take pictures, follow facebook and twitter, study the bible, post this blogpost, and so much more. It is incredible how I depend on my phone. I am sure I am not alone.
While the first item I am thankful for may seem silly, trust me I would be lost without it, but am very thankful I have it when I am lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment