Thursday, October 18, 2012

Plans

So many times throughout the day, as I drive, I start thinking and making plans. Most of these plans are simple things like where I am going to stop to go to the bathroom, take the dog out, or check the load. However, there are many times I start thinking of things a little further off. Blogging was a plan. I planned on having time to sit down, type on the phone or on the laptop and publish whatever was happening that day, or week, or whatever. What happened? Life. I can't always break out the computer, because sometimes I need to sleep, and even my desire to write on a more regular basis is more important than sleep!
While most make their goals at the beginning of the year, I am choosing to start writing my plans, now. I know, how silly, but in the next couple of weeks our life will get turned on its head again, before it can settle down. I feel maybe having this to remind me of my grand plans will help, and I will hope someone (maybe my friend and driving buddy, or my sister) will hold me accountable for some of what I write (since both are fellow bloggers). I know having an "accountability partner" creates success for so many things, and hopefully just someone asking how are you doing with..... will help me. 
For my blog, I plan to follow in my sister's steps and for the entire month of November I will recognize something I am thankful for. I also plan to recognize different Godly women in my blog on the 31st of each month (I know kind of silly, but since we all strive to be Proverbs 31 women, I thought it would be kind of appropriate). Along the way, I plan to share more of the many things I have been meaning to say, and yet have not.
For homeschool, we get to have Bonnie come back on the truck at the end of the month. I plan on sharing all the wonderful things I have been reading in her books, and discussing things with her. We will probably take a few days and discuss nothing but the election, its implications, and I even have a book thought of to share with her.
For the dog, I plan on really working with her on training and learning to be quiet. If you have ever met our dog you can see why that will be an issue. She thinks the world should love her and play with her, and most do.
For our finances, I want to have the "emergency fund" fully established by March 31, 2013 (end of 1st quarter). I plan on paying off at least two bills within the next quarter. We have really come far in that now we are caught up! Again, those in the trucking industry will understand how many times it is difficult to say that.
For the truck, I plan on having our sleeper extension plans developed and a price tag set by the end of the year, so we can figure out how to save for it in the budget. We plan on doing things like installing EcoPur and a few other things when we go home. Hopefully those things will help our comfort, and expenses ($300 oil changes about every 3 weeks is getting pretty expensive). 

For some reason, I thought I had thought of so much more before, and now I can't remember it. Guess it must be that sleep thing I need to do. So, with that I will close for now. I would love any advice on how to keep with my plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment