Friday, May 31, 2013

Starting In The New Truck With A New Diet

Take a look around any truck stop, and you are bound to see a great many truckers who fit what the public thinks of a "typical trucker." I have been aware the public thinks truckers are dirty, fat slobs who sit in their truck and drink and smoke. While I will admit we have gained weight since we have started driving, truth is, we weren't healthy before we started driving, so why would we be any better on the truck?
We have tried Weight Watchers while on the truck, and somehow, after a little success, it seems like a struggle to do anything other than gain weight. I tried making sure to cook everything we eat, and then again, it seems we do alright for a little while and then struggle.
My husband ran across Richie Acosta's East Coast Large Cars information about a year and a half ago. He has followed Richie. Recently, Richie announced his newest endeavor, TruckinFit. Once the information was shared with me, I immediately became interested. I remembered reading the article about him in Truckers News and thinking, "Yeah, but he runs short stuff and can get in a gym. I'd like to see him try that doing what we do." Then, the T A and Petro Truck Stops started work out rooms, and posting walking routes. OK, I get it, yes, I CAN do it, but how?

Richie is helping us to be able to establish menu choices. Change our poor choices. We have added supplements, and started sliding into the diet over the last week. We are a week of starting into the diet (we followed his diet plan except we had to eat a few dinners I still had prepped from before). I am feeling a lot better, and am down 3.4 pounds. I know a great deal of that is the water I have been forcing myself to drink, so then the water weight your body stored comes off, but, I am hopeful. We will check back with him in 2 more weeks, and let him know how our progress is, and tweak things if we need to. I will post on our progress on here on occasion as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment