Sunday, January 20, 2013

Caution, This Is Upsetting

I am sorry if this is too much, but I have to get it out. Family is very important to me, and yet my family continues to get smaller, not larger.
When I met my husband, my mother had an issue, so while my family got larger, it got smaller as well. My mother wants to control things, and when she determined I was no longer going to allow her to control me, and I was not going to follow in her man-hater ways, she became more angry. I have slowly closed the door to her more and more with every disrespectful thing she has done. I looked past her continuing to sleep with the man who raped me after she knew he did, but to then condone everyone continuing to act like it never happened is too much.
I never got to know my real father, my mother and he split up before I was born and she lied to keep me from finding him. I found him only because my sister (his daughter) posted his obituary. Now I have a sister I still haven't met who means the world to me.
My mother met a man in AIT whom she married and adopted me. This man was never truthful with anyone. On our move from Ft Sill OK to Ft Sheridan IL he raped me. The activity continued until I started, I guess he was afraid I would come up pregnant. Funny thing is not too long after that my mother got pregnant. Guess he finally paid attention to my mother. Not too long afterwards he went to Honduras, and we went to CO. When he came back he had cheated like crazy while he was gone, and somehow decided he was going to start in with me again. It didn't work, because I fought too hard. So, he got rid of me. It took a year before I could say anything about it to my mother about it, and then only in therapy. When the apartment burned, in some of my mother's stuff that survived I found a picture of my mother and he having intercourse in that apartment, which we moved to AFTER she was told. I was betrayed by him and by my mother.
His youngest daughter has always believed he hung the moon, so I will never be able to say she is a part of my family.
Well, now my little sister is out of my life. She has chosen to allow her son (my nephew) to live with him. She knows, and has said he did things to her as well. So, why on earth would you allow ANY child to be around a rapist? I will never understand.
No matter what happens with the rest of my family, my rape will always be something I cannot get over and I just have to close the door to anyone who sides with a man who has NEVER apologized, and thinks he just wanted to "make sure I was ready for the boys", as he put it. I live with the scars and the continued pain. I guess that is my lot in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment