Monday, January 14, 2013

Some Days I HATE Meteorologists

Some days I wish the meteorologists could just get it right. I know, it is not an exact science, but seriously. And, it is winter, but again, I just want to know what's ahead of us.
Woke up in Amarillo, and when we went to sleep it was going to snow in Gallup early morning, but nowhere before that. As I dtove through Tucumcari, there was ice on the road. Excuse me NMDOT, but that wasn't on your website. As I got a little out of town, the temp started climbing from 15, to 17, to 19. Then bam, it was 21 and snow started flying. It was on no radar, but it was on the road. I HATE driving in the snow in the dark. It got thicker and thicker, but I slowed down and let the super truckers pass me. I set small goals and just kept concentrating on the task in front of me. As I hit Clines Corner, the snow was prwtty much gone.
When the snow stopped, I had a nice little conversation with God. (Yes, I talk to God when I am driving. It seems one-sided at times, but believe me it helps.) I know I talked yesterday about keeping focus on the immediate future, but somehow this felt like a test. OK. I've got it. God is God, and I am not. He knows what's ahead of me and will give me the tools to make it through. Now can the weatherman and DOT be correct so we make informed decisions?
I am sure there will be several more times in my life this same sort of thing will happen. I just pray we make it safely through the storms life will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment