Friday, January 10, 2014

Weekly Update: An Excitingly Busy Week

Oh, my goodness. It's Friday already! We have had an excitingly busy week. This week started with some wonderful news that upset me as the week went on, but at this point, I have put on my big girl pants, and it will be alright. The Lord truly was looking out for us this week, and we are ever thankful for his guidance.
Saturday night we spotted Momma June and Sugarbear, along with their entourage. Since I am not a fan, I was not impressed, nor did I really see a reason they needed said entourage. (Yes I realize Saturday is really not part of this week, but it was after my last weekly update, so I thought I would share.)
Sunday, we picked up a load in Charlotte and headed to Miami. The polar vortex was coming in that direction, and we prayed to stay south of the freeze line, and luckily were able to.
The view across the runways at MIA

Monday, we delivered that load, and were amazed to get a load right out. However, as it turned out, we didn't have the space (weight-wise) to load all the wanted. Instead, we ended up doing a local and waiting for other items to clear customs so we could leave with a full trailer. We felt God kept us in Florida until the "heat wave" hit Minneapolis (our final destination), and got us out of Florida before the flooding started there. Ten stops total for the week. We are beyond thankful we got to move. While they may talk about how much better the weather is here in Minnesota, it still is pretty awful. It looks like a beautiful winter wonderland, but the fog in the dark with freezing temps is not so wonderful. Not to mention, our truck started the week all clean, and now looks like I took it through a mud hole somewhere. I hate even getting in and out of the truck because it is such a chore to not get dirty. Please Lord, let us go somewhere warmer soon so we can wash the truck!
Cleaning the runways at MSP

Bonnie was able to finish two books this week, one of which wasn't required! She really is loving her Christmas present she didn't want. Sometimes I have to remind myself she is a teenager, so I am wrong, but this week I was able to remind her of two more things I tried getting for her that she refused and now kicks herself for doing so. One is a fleece lined sweatshirt. She said she didn't like it, and wouldn't need it, and would rather have a huge parka. Well, this week she has borrowed mine several times and said how she wished she had one. "Remember, I tried talking you into getting one." She rolled her eyes and sighed. Then, she decided to borrow my fingerless gloves that flip over to become more like mittens. She again fell in love with them. "I seem to recall suggesting you get a pair, and you said you would rather have just normal gloves." She finally admitted maybe sometimes moms do know best. That is one moment I will hold onto.
Today, as we sit in the freezing cold, we are playing chess, enjoying the quiet. God has kept us safe. He has been our provider. We are blessed. As you look back on your week, I hope you too recognize God's guiding hand in it. I pray you will stay safe throughout the week to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment