Friday, January 17, 2014

Oh, no, is it really Friday

Indiana sunset. I definitely enjoy being able to watch sunrises and sunsets from our moving office.
Where has this week gone? Last thing I remember we were wondering what we would end up getting out of Chicago, as we sat in Minneapolis. Now, here we sit in San Antonio. This week has flown by. Incredible how time flies. 
This week has brought a bit of progress on the homeschooling front. No multiple books finished, like the last few weeks, just trotting along. Bonnie did finish another module in science, and is readying to take a test on that material. She is almost finished with yet another chapter in PreAlgebra, so she will be taking a test in that shortly as well. I really need to update the spreadsheet and get first semester report figured out.
Notice the speed limit. 19, not 20. I just thought it was silly.

As far as our loads go, we ended up hauling a LM6000, which was something new for us. We had to look it up to see what it was, and fretted about how we were going to tarp it. I was concerned because there is something sticking up in the middle that I was afraid would make tarping a bit difficult. In the end, it was in a can, so we didn’t tarp it at all. The kit that went with it was no big deal to tarp. When we got to Cincinnati to load, I felt rather silly for worrying about something I really didn’t need to worry about. Isn’t that life, worry about something for no reason? When we delivered in Houston, we immediately got a load going to San Antonio. When I was checking in, they made a comment about it being oversized, so we checked the engine and verified it was a little over. Since we were only going 200 miles, I thought it wouldn’t be too bad to just move it and hope things went alright. Sure enough, a scale that is never open was open! To top it off, after I entered the scale, they closed it. I was sweating bullets. The sheriff who was watching as we went across the scale kept getting a phone call, so he only asked how much the engine weighed and then let me go. At that point we had 50 miles to go in the trip. I was so scared the whole time, knowing I was wrong. Trust me that will be the last time I try to fly under the radar with an oversized load. I am thankful that scale didn’t have lasers to measure things, or my goose would have been cooked.
The "naked" engine that gave me so much grief. They removed the ECM, but not the wiring that goes with it, and the oil cooler, but not the filter. Doing half of the job on each side left the engine 106" wide.

Personally, I have really found myself struggling with blame. I am not being blamed by others, but I blame myself. I blame myself for not being the best mother my eldest daughter deserved, or any of my daughters for that matter. I wonder how things would be different if I hadn’t allowed pride to enter in. Would my eldest be a felon, with two children she can’t really take care of? Would she be under the influence of all the drugs she is, and would she be a stripper? I thought I could do it, and then repeatedly failed. If I had stopped my pride from the beginning and allowed my aunt and uncle to adopt her, would her life have been better? I blame myself for my grandchildren’s current plight. They didn’t ask to be born into this situation, and all anyone can do is try to shelter them from her circumstances, but that ends up hurting them as well. Blame has definitely rooted itself in my brain a great deal. I am praying for things to be worked out, and for the blame to lose its grip.

I pray this week has been productive, and safe for everyone. I encourage you to not worry about things, especially before you absolutely have to. I definitely wasted time worrying this week, and it was unnecessary. God has it all under control, and all we can do is keep trotting along sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment